Home : FAQ

Village Information

Show All Answers

1. Do I live in the Village of Wyocena?

If your address has a N or W (ex N1234) you do not live in the village. You may live in the Town of Wyocena. The contacts for the Town of Wyocnea are Doug Cole, Town Board Chair (608-429-3256) or Michelle Goldade, Town Clerk (608-992-6119 or you may contact them at [email protected]

2. What is the Village of Wyocena phone number?

The Village of Wyocena phone number is 608-429-2349

3. When is the Village Office Open?

The office is open Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. The office is closed Friday, Saturday & Sunday. There is an answering machine in the office and your call will be returned as soon as possible. If you are unable to reach the office during the day because of conflicts, you can leave a message on the answering machine. If the office will be closed, a notice will be posted on the front door of the Community Center. How can I become a volunteer firefighter? The Wyocena Bureau of Fire is looking for more volunteer Fire Fighters. If you are interested in applying, please pick up an application from the Fire Chief, Jared Anderson or stop in the Village office.

4. Who do I contact in case of a Water & Sewer Emergency?

If you are having an emergency water or sewer problem please call the emergency cell phone at (608) 697-2689.

5. Does the Village accept credit card payments?

No. Columbia County will for the second half of your tax payments.

6. On what holidays is the Village Office closed?

Our village office is closed on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve.

7. Who do I contact regarding my property assessment?

Associated Appraisal Consultants Inc. located at 1314 W College, PO Box 2111, Appleton, WI 54912-2111. Their office phone number is 920-749-1995. Website is www.apraz.com Watch for Board of Review dates posted in May each year.

8. Who is the Village building inspector?

The Village building inspectons are done by General Engineering. The inspectors do not keep regular office hours, but you can call the village hall at 608-429-2349 or General Engineering office ar 742-745-4070 and request the inspector’s cell phone number for the Village of Wyocena.

9. How do I report a street light outage / problem?

use Alliant Energy's reporting system at: http://www.alliantenergy.com/CustomerService/StormandOutageCenter/StreetLights/AE_FRMD_STREET_LIGHTS

10. How can I get the "Black Dirt" ?

The D.P.W. will haul silt from the sewer plant that was removed from the lake to the residents of the Village of Wyocena for a donation of $20 per load. The D.P.W. hauls the silt on Thursdays on a first come first serve basis by appointment only. The deliveries are done in the months of April through October, weather permitting so that there is less damage to properties for all parties involved. Any and all Village emergencies take precedent over the hauling of silt. Please contact the village office at 608-429-2349 to sechedule an appointment.

11. Educational Resources

A comprehensive educational resource for those interested in pursuing higher education in the State of WI go to the following link. http://www.onlineschools.org/guides/; http://www.AccreditedOnlineColleges.Org/Wisconsin

Property Taxes

Show All Answers

1. Where do I pay my property taxes?

Village of Wyocena property tax bills are mailed in mid December each year. Your tax payment in full or the 1st installment is due by January 31 to the Village of Wyocena, 165 East Dodge St., PO Box 913, Wyocena, WI 53969-0913 in person or by mail. After January 31, all payments are collected at the Columbia County Treasurer's office, 400 DeWitt St., PO box 198, Portage, WI 53901-0198, phone number 608-742-9613. 2nd installments are due by July 31st and payable directly to the Columbia County Treasurer.

Forms and Permits

Show All Answers

1. Where do I get a dog license?

A dog license can be obtained at the Wyocena Village Hall during regular office hours 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday - Thursday or through the mail. A proof of the dog's rabies vaccination certificate must be brought at the time the license is applied and paid for. Reminder that Wyocena dog tags expire on December 31 every year and must be renewed by March 31st. A late fee of $5.00 will be charge effective April 1st. Click on the following link for a dog license application which can be submitted by mail:

2. What is the cost of a dog license?

If your pet is neutered/spayed the cost is $8.00. If not, the cost is $10.00. If you fail to license your dog before March 31st of the current year, a $5.00 late fee must to be included for each dog you are licensing. (Late fee does not apply to new puppies that have just received their first rabies vaccination or anyone who has just moved to the village after March 31st, as long as you apply for your license within 2 weeks).

3. Do I need a license for my cat?

Yes.The license is valid for the calendar year and cost the same as a dog license.

4. Do I need a Building Permit?

Yes, most projects will require a building permit. You can call the village office 608-429-2349 for questions regarding building permits or to pick up the building permit form. Click on the following link for a building permit application which can be submitted by mail: www.generalengineering.net.

Election Information

Show All Answers

1. Where do I vote?

You will vote at the Wyocena Village Hall, 165 E dodge Street, Wyocena, WI 53969. The polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Election Day. Election Day form for voter registration and absentee ballots can be obtained from the Governmental Accounting Site at following web site http://gab.wi.gov, look on the left hand side for forms, then look for form GAB-131 voter registration form or GAB-121 absentee ballot request form.

2. I'd love to be a poll worker, who do I call?

You can contact Lori Kratky, Clerk/Treasurer at 608-429-2349